I enjoy blogging daily and have been doing so for I think now over two years it has become part of my daily routine. For the first time yesterday I was actually unable to write my blog. It wasn’t that I had nothing to share, or didn’t want to share it was that I was physically unable to do to the situation I found myself in.
On Saturday evening we had been to watch Beauty and the Beast at the theatre. We returned home after watching it. Very late at night when I tried to turn on my bedside table lamp I couldn’t my husband tried his and also couldn’t I got out of bed and attempted to turn the main light on and failed we then preceded to find the fuse box, which we are still attempting to locate!
With no idea where the fuse box was we looked out the window and noticed that the whole street was dark, no street lights no houses the oposit side of the road with lights on. A power cut!
We went to bed and in the morning realised that we still had no power. By candle light we ate breakfast and placed four battery’s into the DAB radio and c listen to the 7am news and found out that the whole area had lost power!
Church served warm drinks to the congregation on arrival which was fewer people than normal as the power had been effected by terrible wind and rain and roads had been closed and as a unfortunate result no power in the congregations homes.
With no electricity but luckily with the use of a candle lighter we could use the gas stove and by candle light were able to name a basic evening meal.
When the outside natural light failed it was candle power however it’s difficult not being able to wash out heat the house.
Sunday night we went to bed hoping that Monday morning would be a brighter beginning which it wasn’t.
We went to Church before 8am to find that the electricity was on in the surrounding homes, buildings and Church. Thankfully when I sent my husband back after lunchtime to check on the house he said that we now had electricity once again!
Sadly some home not only lost the power but also endured serious home flooding, we are very thankful that we were not one of those families who’s homes have been destroyed in this horrible way during this festive time of the year.
We are spending the afternoon with my family before returning home to enjoy our warm bright house and to catch up on all the electrical jobs like using the washing machine I have missed out on.
Unfortunately I have no picture’s to share as my tablet had run out of battery however take my word it was very dark.
Happy Monday Friends!