Today I decided that I would turn my pumpkin which I had bought for a £1 from Sainsburys into a work of art… What I did not realise was that I didn’t have the correct tools for the job. I thought that what I did try and use would produce good results however disappointingly it did not. So I decided that I would try something else instead a simpler approach.
I carefully cut the top of the pumpkin off and scooped out the flesh and put this into a container and onto the refrigerator to use another day.
The pumpkin seeds I roasted in the oven with a little salt and lemon juice. They make a delicious snack and perfect on top of pumpkin soup.
I used my electric drill to drill a series of holes around the pumpkin.
After I had finished making the holes with the drill I removed any small pumpkin pieces and wiped the outside of the pumpkin.
Inside I placed a tea light candle and think it looks affective considering my failed first idea.
A rather autumnal feel to the house.
Happy Wednesday Friends! 🍁