Today I decided to visit the local Aldi supermarket one of the items I bought was a little 500g bag of Paella Rice. I decided that because I hadn’t made Paella before only enjoying it at the restaurant I’d make it for this evenings meal.
The packaging included a recipe which I decided to follow however didn’t include all the suggested fish and decided to mainly include prawns.
2 tablespoons Olive oil
12 cherry tomatoes chopped (recipe called for 6 tomatoes)
3 Garlic cloves (recipe said 1)
A pinch of saffron
3 teaspoons of Paprika
A packet of prawns approximately 350g (recipe said 100g)
I also included a small amount of seafood mix ( recipe called for fish and shelled mussels)
250g which was half the packet of Paella rice
500ml vegetable stock (or fish)
Half a tin of garden pea’s (recipe did not call for this)
1. Heat oil in a wide shallow pan, add the onions and gently fry.
2. Add the garlic, tomatoes and saffron. Cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add the fish and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add the rice, peas, paprika and stock. Allow to simmer for 15 minutes, add a little more water if needed.
5. Once the rice is properly cooked serve immediately.
When my husband arrived home he asked what I was cooking as it smelt good, he had seconds which was proof of it being a truly delicious meal.
Happy Tuesday Friends!