This morning after an early visit to do the weekly food shop I decided that this DIY Queen would put up the curtain poles in the living room and dining room.
With my husband at his office and Tinkerbell enjoying a dental treat chew snuggled in her bed I set to work on drilling holes.
I began with the window that only involved drilling four holes which was the smaller window of the dining room area.
Followed by the eight holes that I needed to drill for the large living room window.
The window is larger than any of my curtain poles which I had taken with me from our previous house. The largest curtain pole which had been used for the living room bay window has now been re-homed in our bedroom.
This window being so large actually took two of my curtain poles. I achieved this by the following:
🔹Removing one of the ends from each of the poles.
🔹I drilled and screwed the brackets at each end in place.
🔹Then I took two more brackets and put these at the centre of where each pole would meet.
🔹To add a little stability and to loosely connect both poles together I folded up the inside cardboard from a kitchen roll and slotted this into each end of both the poles.
A little DIY and some cardboard I now have another job well done. They sit perfectly together and look great.
Happy Monday Friends!