When we lived in our previous house I had bought for all of the rooms matching curtain poles which I had put up myself. I decided that I liked these so much that I would take them with me to our new home which is what I did.
Our previous house had a white plinth above the window which was designed for the curtain pole to be easily attached to consequently making the drilling of holes for the roll plug to for into extremely easy.
Our new house has no white plinths in any of the rooms. However what the rooms all do have are blinds and thankfully our bedroom has white blackout blinds which have been fairly good for sleeping however not perfect.
I decided to ask around to see if anyone knew of a handyman who would be able to help with this job but sadly no one could help.
Yesterday I decided that I didn’t need anyone to help me and that I could do this simple job myself.
After Church this morning my husband accompanied me to our local DIY shop and with the help of one of the shop assistants we selected the appropriate drill which was suitable for masonry use and the correct size of roll plugs.
On returning home I charged my drill which had once been my Grandad’s and the same drill I had used successfully in our previous home to put up the curtain poles.
After a light lunch I got to work and successfully managed to put up the curtain pole in our bedroom.
The room looks so much better with my handmade curtains proudly on display and because my curtains are lined with blackout fabric we will have never have interrupted light intrusion while we are sleeping ever again.
It’s amazing how a room can be transformed with its windows being dressed.
I was then impressed with my work assisted slightly by my lovely husband I moved onto the guest room I have also referred to as the Martha Stewart room and again worked my magic and put up my handmade curtains.
Just call me the DIY Queen!
Happy Sunday Friends!