Today my husband and I went to the Big Wok a Chinese buffet a restaurant my husband remembers eating at around 10 years.
We sadly didn’t really enjoy the restaurant, the interior was extremely poor and the food limited with no fish dishes available.
The best thing about the Big Wok restaurant was the beautiful door opposite the restaurant, which really me feel like I was in a real China town!….
… and a Chinese Supermarket called Day in Supermarket located in a building called ‘Po-On Building’ which I found to be terribly funny name to call a building.
At the Day in Supermarket we bought so many interesting items some tasty others not so.
1. Baby Cuttlefish
2. Tropical Tapioca
3. Cockerel Chinese Spoons x4
4. Tom Yum Paste
5. Honey and Pomelo Juice – delicious
6. Dried Squid – not so nice, these we tried on the drive home followed quickly by the honey and pomelo juice.
7. Lotte Koala strawberry biscuits – 10 little bags of biscuits with a strawberry centre each biscuit has a cute little picture of a koala bear like the box depicts.
8. Tiny Quails Eggs – these really are the sweetest eggs you have ever seen.
9. Chinese Paper – I thought this may come in handy for Christmas or crafting in general.
10. A sweet cup with filter
The cup is really very sweet ideal for loose tea leaves and herbal tea. I think the oriental design is very pretty and the little mesh filter that can be removed is going to be very useful.
We also begun and ended our Chinese day with lychees very appropriate and refreshing.
Happy Saturday Friends!